Susan develops and aligns HR programs with business strategies to ultimately drive results through effective partnering with business leaders.
Susan has supported clients in the following areas:
- Assessment and development of HR programs, processes and people to support an organization’s strategic goals. This includes effective HR team management.
- Performance management programs focused on maximizing productivity and achievement of individual, department and organizational goals.
- Recruitment and retention programs including talent acquisition, on-boarding process and assimilation. Includes training programs to support effective interview skills, and focus on cultural competencies to support diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- The design, development, deployment and assessment of training and development programs. This includes selecting and designing appropriate methods for optimal learning and effectiveness. Programs include employee orientation, compliance related programs including Safety/OSHA and EEO, “supervisor 101” skills, management and leadership development, effective conflict management, emotional intelligence, mentor training, and performance improvement programs.
- Internal employee communication surveys and programs that engage employees, align goals and stretch performance.
- Risk management assessments and labor law compliance, including audits, policy development, training and documentation. Experience working across multiple states and local regulations.
- Outplacement programs to reduce workforce while minimizing risk and maintaining morale and retention.
Susan was destined for her career, as her first job was working after school in the HR department at the local hospital when she was 16, back in Ohio. Today, she loves enjoying the outdoors and exploring the Bay Area with her two teenage sons and husband.