Rich joined BPM in 1992 with one thing in mind: to utilize his tax and accounting knowledge to help business owners succeed. He has been advising business owners from start-up planning through succession and exit planning, for over 25 years.
Rich’s professional mission is to lead business owners to a successful transition and exit from their business:
“Many business owners wait far too long to plan for this inevitable transition. This should be the business owner’s finest hour, the culmination of their financial dreams, goals and aspirations, and we can help make that happen. Without the benefit of our assistance, business owners will often exit their business with a feeling of regret, a result of waiting far too long before they start focusing on that event. Without thoughtful guidance and planning early on, several things can go wrong:
(1) They exit their business without developing it to its potential value.
(2) They are financially and emotionally unprepared.
(3) They do not achieve the retirement goals that they dreamed of for so many years.
Our approach to succession planning is about business value acceleration, and being prepared for a successful transition at all times. My message to business owners is that procrastination in transition planning leads to an irrevocable loss in value. With our guidance, business owners can dramatically change the outcome.”
Rich Gunn holds an active CPA license in California.
When Rich is not assisting business owners with strategic planning, he devotes his time to recruiting top talent for BPM. He can also be seen cycling around San Francisco, where he rides 300-400 miles each month, primarily commuting.
Rich's expertise includes:
- Advisor to owner-managed businesses, start-up companies
- Choice of entity
- Individuals, corporations, S corporations, limited liability companies & partnerships
- Tax planning and accounting services
- Financial management and reporting
- Cash-flow management
- Multistate and international operations
- Buy-sell agreements
- Exit strategies, succession planning and valuation matters
- Personal finance and retirement planning
- “Helping business owners sleep at night”