For over 20 years, Rahel (she/her) has served as a trusted HR leader and consultant to nonprofits and small businesses. Rahel's background includes oversight of human resources, as well as diversity/equity/inclusion (DEI) initiatives, finance, and operations. She brings this broad business acumen to her clients, where her work focuses on manager support, culture, HR infrastructure, and integrating equity values into all aspects of HR. Rahel also provides executive coaching and StrengthsFinder team workshops. She is passionate about setting people up for success and appreciates the impact a positive workplace and responsive HR department can have on both employees and on the bottom line.
Some examples of client work include:
- Integrating DEI priorities and values into job descriptions and job announcements, helping to attract a diverse pool of qualified applicants.
- Developing customized staff trainings, such as “Communicating within a Diverse Workplace,” "Management Basics: Managing within the Law," and teambuilding StrengthsFinders workshops.
- Building repeatable workflows for onboarding and offboarding using project management platforms (such as Basecamp, Trello, Asana).
- Handbook projects.
- COVID Leave and Return to Work Policies.
- Updating a client's job descriptions so they are consistent across the board, reflect organizational values, set clear expectations, and promote inclusion and equity.
Rahel grew up in the Bay Area. When not at work, she can often be found solving cryptic crosswords, gardening, riding her recumbent bike, playing games (Wingspan is a recent favorite), or celebrating Shabbat with friends.