Jennifer is a manager at BPM in our San Jose office. She has extensive experience with corporations who have diverse holdings domestically and internationally. Her areas of expertise include:
- Corporate tax compliance, including multistate (nexus and apportionment), and foreign issues (subpart F, transfer pricing, foreign tax credit, informational returns)
- Provisions (ASC 740 and FIN 48)
- Business Combinations
Jennifer works closely with her clients on all levels of strategy and compliance. Some recent client accomplishments include:
- Helping a fin-tech startup with three foreign subsidiaries navigate their initial accounting set up, including stock compensation, 1099 compliance, state registrations and software implementation.
- Guiding a private solar power company with an organizational structure including corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies through a restructuring that introduced a foreign investor.
- Helping a public med-tech company research the state implications on their merger of a recently acquired subsidiary into a parent corporation, which included multiple state short year filings in 50+ state and local jurisdictions.
Jennifer Stookey holds an active CPA license in California.
Jennifer also goes by Professor Stookey at Menlo College, where she teaches financial accounting and business taxation.