Jennifer is a Director in BPM's Corporate Tax Practice who has extensive experience with corporations that have diverse holdings domestically and internationally. Her areas of expertise include:
- Corporate tax compliance, including multistate (nexus and apportionment), and foreign issues (subpart F, transfer pricing, GILTI, foreign tax credit, informational returns)
- Provisions (ASC 740 and FIN 48)
- Business Combinations
Jennifer works closely with her clients on all levels of strategy and compliance. Some recent client accomplishments include:
- Helping a fin-tech startup with foreign subsidiaries navigate their initial accounting set up, including stock compensation, 1099 compliance, state registrations and software implementation.
- Guiding a private solar power company with an organizational structure including corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies through a restructuring that introduced a foreign investor.
- Helping a public med-tech company research the state implications on their merger of a recently acquired subsidiary into a parent corporation, which included multiple state short year filings in 50+ state and local jurisdictions.
- Working with a med-tech start up to hit the ground running to be ready to go IPO within three years of starting the business.
Jennifer Stookey holds an active CPA license in California.
Jennifer also goes by Professor Stookey at Menlo College, where she teaches financial accounting and business taxation.