Edward has over 35 years of experience in consulting and financial management, including specific experience in business restructuring and leadership advisory services. He currently leads the Corporate Finance Consulting group at BPM and sits on the firm's Board of Directors and
Management Committee. Edward is also on the adjunct faculty at San Jose State University.
Prior to BPM, Edward was a Partner at a boutique advisory services firm providing financial analysis, fiduciary services and the resolution of problem asset situations nationwide. He also spent nine years at a national accounting and consulting firm where he developed significant experience in business valuation, business startups and executive leadership. Edward began his career managingthe problem-asset portfolio in the successful turnaround of a large East Coast thrift.
Edward is an indoor cycling instructor.
- Interim CEO - Liquidation (Saratoga, CA) This case involved restructuring a 90-year-old family-owned retail operation. The project scope required operational leadership, financial management, lease negotiations and managing union relations. The result was a wind down through an Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors.
- Interim CEO - Transactional Assistance (Wilmington, DE) Sell-side transactional assistance in the sale of a 40-year-old family-owned cleaning supply distributor resulted in the successful funding and completion of a multigenerational exit strategy. The project scope required operational leadership, deal structuring and lease negotiation in addition to a quality of earnings analysis to support value.
- CRO and Liquidating Agent - Bankruptcy Support (Washington, DC and San Jose, CA) This bankruptcy involves two sister companies. The engagement included identifying performing assets, closing nine offices nationally and establishing a business model to support a liquidating Chapter 11. The liquidation phase required claims reconciliation, dispute resolution with ex-employees and the
distribution of estate assets.
- Expert Testimony - Litigation Support (San Mateo, CA) This matter related to a family-law dispute and an analysis of an existing film studio and movie production business. The case focused on best practices and the deployment of capital during the development process. The case achieved settlement after extensive testimony regarding current management standards and business value.
- Expert Testimony - Litigation Support (Sacramento, CA) This matter related to a partnership dispute and an analysis of an
existing heavy construction business. The case focused on business process, best practices and corporate governance. The
case went to trial in 2019 and resulted in a favorable verdict for the client.
- Litigation Consultant (Santa Cruz, CA) This case involved the review and analysis of the financial history of an operating
retailer. The matter required a lost wages analysis related to a capital murder case. The analysis generated helped lead to a
successful settlement of the case.
- Expert Testimony - Litigation Support (Stockton, CA) This matter was a multi-family dispute including an analysis of
generational business disputes and numerous real estate transactions. The case focused on corporate governance, required
standards of care and operational best practices. The case went to trial and resulted in a sweepingly favorable decision for
- Rents and Profits Receiver – Real Estate (Watsonville, CA) This engagement required assuming financial and operating
control of a multi-family development in downtown Watsonville, CA. This engagement ran concurrently with negotiations for a
deed-in-lieu of foreclosure. The successful outcome preserved the property for the eventual owners and maintained living
quarters for eight families.
- Financial Restructuring (Monterey, CA) This restructuring required settling significant litigation (eight-figure exposure) and
the development and implementation of a restructuring package for a QSR franchisee. Project scope included financial
analysis, report development and extensive negotiations with legal counsel and lenders. The result was a successful
recapitalization of the business.
- Litigation Consultant (Milpitas, CA) This matter involved the review and analysis of the financial history of a closed
technology distributor. The company was the defendant in a wage claim case and considering options in bankruptcy. The
analysis avoided bankruptcy and led to a successful settlement of the case.
- Independent Consultant – Gaming (San Jose, CA) This appointment was made by the Deputy Attorney General in support
of an Executive Order regarding the management of a card room operation. The engagement supported the efforts of the
state to oversee the operations and accounting of a 49-table operation. This specifically included weekly cash management
and check approval, regular reporting to the CA Gaming Commission and the engagement of real estate and accounting
professionals at the club.
- Financial Advisor - Debtor (Berkeley, CA) This bankruptcy case led to the sale of substantially all of the assets of a fourthgeneration
family-owned business. This engagement involved extensive negotiations with DIP lenders, investment bankers
and the eventual buyer. It also included significant negotiations regarding active employee-related litigation.
- American Inns of Court: Valuations in Chapter 11 (San Jose, CA), 2013
- American Inns of Court: Using Financial Advisors (San Jose, CA), 2012
- American Bankruptcy Institute: Structured Dismissals "A Proper Burial" (San Jose, CA), 2011
- San Jose State University: Essential Leadership Skills (San Jose, CA), 2009 - 2013
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth
- Board of Directors, San Jose Sports Hall of Fame
- Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP), 2016
- Bankruptcy Mediation Training, St. John's University/ABI, 2016
News & Events
BPM’s Edward Webb and Brett Hazlett Encourage Restaurant Owners to Look into Crystal Ball 05.26.21
BPM’s Edward Webb Examines Alternatives to Bankruptcy for Restaurant Operators 03.30.21
BPM’s Edward Webb Reviews Apparel Retail’s Rough Year in Bankruptcy Court 03.23.21
BPM’s Edward Webb Quoted in the Wall Street Journal 01.04.21
BPM’s Edward Webb Featured in Restaurant Dive 12.17.20
BPM’s Mark Leverette Article in National Real Estate Investor 11.09.20
BPM’s Edward Webb Talks to FSR Magazine 10.23.20
Divestitures, Restructuring and Other Strategies 08.24.20
Reporting, Forecasting, and Risk Mitigation During COVID-19 06.24.20
Presented by BPM and Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center 05.28.20
How Multiple Cash Flow Scenarios Help Adjust for Uncertainty 05.28.20
The Puget Sound Business Journal talks with BPM’s Edward Webb and Jeffrey Mock about PPP loan best practices. 05.06.20
Loan Forgiveness and Emergence: Recovering While Steering Your Business Back to Normal 04.22.20
BPM’s Edward Webb Featured in Bay Area Council COVID-19 Webinar 04.08.20
Understanding the SBA Loan Programs and Preserving Business Value 04.03.20
The Daily Pitch: Deal Makers Column 05.21.18
The Daily Pitch: Deal Makers Column 03.21.18
BA, Honors Graduate/Political Science – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
MBA/Finance – Indiana UniversityDBA – Temple University